Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pattern & Reading

I took 3 trades today.  I suspect today was one of those DEJAVU ones where it was either going to STAY UP or SELL DOWN.

I was up nearly 4% and decided to let it run because the broad market indicators suggested that it was one of those days.  At the close now, the broad markets did just that, but STOCK A didn't! The stock didn't follow suit and instead drifted lower and even dipped into the red once.  I was able to book a gain; I then attempted to short a comparable stock.

Stock B (comparable one) was much stronger and remained elevated as well.  Towards closing, I covered this intraday trade short and jumped back into Stock A for a LONG position. 

- - -
I displayed bad compulsive trading today.  Perhaps one of those over-trading syndrome that we all get when we want to chase something.  To validate either side A or side B, I had to play all scenarios in my head, as well as recognize the pattern.

Strong is what strong does and though it might be suspicious it is evident for a reason.  A 'false tale' might be in the works though.  Was I arguing against the tape?  Either way, I guess I must trade with conviction.

I did learn one thing though.  I should've booked my profits and be done with it.  Been there, done that, quite a few too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment